Friday, May 11, 2012

Pattaya Team-Building Retreat


The front entrance of the resort.

I was very fortunate to attend a team-building getaway with campus two of the school this past weekend.  We had beautiful accommodations (paid for by the school) at a beach resort on the Gulf of Thailand.  I was taken aback by how impressive the pool area of the resort appeared.  Although our rooms were nothing special, the location of the hotel, right on the beach, was breathtaking and relaxing.  This weekend really made me glad I chose to come to Thailand.  Also, this was my first time staying at a resort-like hotel, and I felt very privileged to be able to do so.

Leanne, Aisha, Alice, and I dressed in our Lertlah t-shirts
The staff of campus two (including both foreign and Thai teachers) left in the morning on Friday the 4th of May, and returned the following Saturday at around noon.  The day was packed with activities for us to do, so we didn’t really have a lot of free time.  We started the day by separating into teams, and packing into our vans for a rally.  We had to take a lot of pictures and cover certain checkpoints given to us as clues.  We stopped at the mall and ate in the food court (courtesy of the school).  We had to eat the same thing as a snack, and my group had KFC (which is actually better in Thailand than it is in Canada).  When we arrived later, we were treated to a seafood lunch at the resort.  I tried a lot of spicy and exotic-looking dishes, and am proud to say I even tried squid and octopus! 

Alice and one of the Thai teachers at lunch.
A view of the beach, surrounded by palm trees.
After lunch, we gathered as a group and reviewed the photos everyone had taken during the rally.  We then split into new groups, and did a series of team-building activities, including telephone Pictionary, sandwich-making, coin-tossing, and tower-building.  Overall, it was a lot of fun, and I was able to learn a bit more about the foreign teachers.  They are very helpful and fun people, who are very good at karaoke!  That didn’t stop me from jumping into the pool and strolling on the beach the first opportunity I got, however!



The hotel patio in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment